What are the possible side effects of QVAR RediHaler?
QVAR RediHaler may cause serious side effects, including:
- fungal infections (thrush) in your mouth and throat. You may develop a yeast infection (Candida albicans) in your mouth and throat. Tell your healthcare provider if you have any redness or white colored patches in your mouth or throat. Rinse your mouth with water without swallowing after using QVAR RediHaler to help prevent an infection in your mouth or throat.
- worsening asthma or sudden asthma attacks. You should contact your healthcare provider right away if you do not get relief from your sudden asthma attacks, after using your rescue inhaler, during your treatment with QVAR RediHaler.
reduced adrenal function (adrenal insufficiency). Adrenal insufficiency that can lead to death can happen when you stop taking oral corticosteroid medicines and start using inhaled corticosteroid medicines. Adrenal insufficiency can also happen in people who take higher doses of QVAR RediHaler than recommended over a long period of time. When your body is under stress such as from fever, trauma (such as a car accident), infection, or surgery, adrenal insufficiency can get worse. Signs and symptoms of adrenal insufficiency may include:
- feeling tired or exhausted (fatigue)
- lack of energy
- low blood pressure (hypotension)
- dizziness or feeling faint
- nausea and vomiting
immune system effects and a higher chance for infections. Tell your healthcare provider about any signs or symptoms of infection such as:
- feeling tired
- body aches
- increased wheezing (bronchospasm) right after using QVAR RediHaler. Always have a rescue inhaler with you to treat sudden wheezing.
serious allergic reactions. Stop using QVAR RediHaler and call your healthcare provider or get emergency medical help right away if you get any of the following signs or symptoms of a serious allergic reaction:
- swelling of your lips, tongue or face
- breathing problems
- slowed growth in children. Children should have their growth checked regularly while using QVAR RediHaler.
- lower bone density. This may be a problem for people who already have a higher chance for low bone density (osteoporosis).
- eye problems. If you have had glaucoma, cataracts or blurred vision in the past, you should have regular eye exams while using QVAR RediHaler.
The most common side effects of QVAR RediHaler include:
- yeast infection in the mouth (oral candidiasis)
- cold symptoms (upper respiratory tract infection)
- pain in the throat (oropharyngeal pain)
- pain or swelling in your nose and throat (nasopharyngitis)
- sinus irritation (sinusitis)
- hay fever (allergic rhinitis)
Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
These are not all the possible side effects of QVAR RediHaler. Ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist for more information. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.