Asthma Action Plan
The key to maintaining asthma control
Whether your asthma is mild or severe, it's important to have an Asthma Action Plan in order to maintain control over asthma.
An Asthma Action Plan describes how to manage your asthma and follow your asthma treatment plan. It includes information about your asthma medications, including:
- Your controller medication
- What medicine it contains
- How much to take
- When to take it
- Your quick-relief inhaler:
The Asthma Action Plan also includes information about what to do if you are having a serious asthma attack or need emergency treatment.
Be sure to personalize the plan with the help of your healthcare provider.
Download an Asthma Action Plan from the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute.
(beclomethasone dipropionate HFA) Inhalation Aerosol is used in the ongoing treatment of asthma as preventative therapy in patients 5 years of age or older.
is also used for asthma patients who require systemic corticosteroid administration, where adding QVAR®
may reduce or eliminate the need for systemic corticosteroids.
CAUTION: If you are stopping or switching from an oral corticosteroid to QVAR®, follow your doctor's instructions to avoid health risks. (See WARNINGS, Prescribing Information).
- QVAR® does not replace quick-relief inhalers for sudden symptoms.
Inhaled corticosteroids may cause a reduction in growth rate, so children taking QVAR® should have their growth checked regularly. The long-term effect on final adult growth is unknown.
- Do not stop taking QVAR® abruptly without talking to your doctor.
- In clinical studies, common side effects included headache and sore throat. These are not all of the possible side effects of QVAR®. For more information, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
- You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
QVAR® is a registered trademark of IVAX LLC, a member of the Teva Group.
©2013 Teva Respiratory, LLC. This site is intended for U.S. residents only.