QVAR® (beclomethasone dipropionate HFA) Inhalation Aerosol is indicated in the maintenance treatment of asthma as prophylactic therapy in patients 5 years of age or older. QVAR® is also indicated for asthma patients who require systemic corticosteroid administration, where adding QVAR® may reduce or eliminate the need for systemic corticosteroids.
Important Safety Information
CAUTION: Adrenal insufficiency may occur when transferring patients from systemic steroids (see WARNINGS, Prescribing Information).
- QVAR® is not a bronchodilator and is not indicated for relief of acute bronchospasm
- A reduction in growth velocity in growing children and teenagers may occur as a result of inadequate control of chronic diseases such as asthma or from use of corticosteroids for treatment
- Common side effects associated with the use of QVAR® and placebo in clinical trials include, but are not limited to, headache (12% and 9% respectively) and pharyngitis (8% and 4% respectively)
Please See Full Prescribing Information
- Leach C, Colice GL, Luskin A. Particle size of inhaled corticosteroids: does it
matter? J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;124(6 suppl):S88-S93.
- Shi Y, Aledia AS, Tatavoosian AV, Vijayalakshmi S, Galant SP, George SC. Relating
small airways to asthma control by using impulse oscillometry in children. J Allergy
Clin Immunol. 2012;129(3):671-678.